Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mary Katrantzou

I'm not the most fashion-savvy person in the world, so there are few fashion designers that I really go crazy over. My two absolute favorite designers who can do no wrong in my eyes are Elie Saab (because really, who doesn't like his work) and Mary Katrantzou.

I'm pretty sure Katrantzou is a genius. I'm sorry, she is a genius. Her designs are bright, colorful, and completely unexpected-- her prints are made up of geometric shapes, photographs, florals, nature, architecture, and basically everything else you can think of. And while it might seem chaotic, it all just works. It works really, really well.

Katrantzou's fall/winter line for 2013 doesn't disappoint. Despite the simple forms and muted colors, each piece is an elegant work of art. Here are a few of my favorites:


From left to right:
1. Fauwi Babelonia Dress
2. Dijon Skirt and Top
3. Woodstock Sunset Short Sleeve Shift Dress
4. Landscape Large Pouch

- christine


No comments:

Post a Comment